Wednesday, 14 January 2009
"Remembering what he told me", 5" x 7", Mixed Media on watercolour board, 2009
This is another transformation, I can vividly remember sketching this girl because I sketched her this month. It was an evening in the train and I was on my way to London Bridge. My eyes just caught her green and black hair.
I have gone about this one as follows.
1. Sketched her face and main features with H pencil (very hard pencil)
2. I then use a wet on wet technique with watercolour to almost finish this piece in watercolour, but when it dries I am not happy with the fussy wet on wet look.
3. Then I decide to add some details with a carbon pencil, still not good!
4. I introduce water resistant wax crayons and I seem to enjoy the intensity and spontaneity it gives the piece
5. I continue working all over the piece with the wax crayons in an excited passionate way, stroking haphazardly.....
6. I throw in some detail around the eyes and mouth with coloured pencils.
7. Then I finish off with some black accents of the carbon pencil again, need to stop as it gets to point I don't know where to put the next stroke!