This is another transformation. The original sketch was done in may this year. Again, no colour references but just a love and passion for the human face and its ever changing emotions.
This was totally experimental
1. I first sketched in biro.
2. Then washed the tones in with acrylic
3. Then I sanded it
4. Retained the drawing again in biro.
5. Sanded it again
6. Added more washes in acrylic
7. Then I fixed it- it all went wrong, started bleeding!
8. Then when dry I etch out the lights and forms hit with light with my surgical blade
9. Enhance the drawing lines again
10. Finally do some last bits of etching.